Estimated reading time: 3 min
- What do you look like?: Tall, average musculature. Not gangly, not blocky, but solid build. Brown hair, light beard, dark blue eyes. Deliberate, somewhat heavy step.
- Where do you call home?: I live in the chapel on the side of the TerraSylvan village. Before that, I lived in a monastery, however, I was born in raised in Shalemont, a mining town in northern Ireland.
- Describe your childhood and general upbringing: I was son to a wealthy lord that ran the iron mine in Shalemont, which provided the town’s whole income. My mother left my father when I was young, which left me with my negligent, gluttonous father, and my older brother. I stayed alone most days in my mother’s library, reading all I could about the world. It was only as a young man that I ventured out and discovered the poverty of the townsfolk, and decided to secretly help them by supplying them with my father’s wealth. When I was caught, I was sent away to study as a priest.
- What are your best qualities?: I’ll always be dedicated to doing what’s right, no matter who or what I’ll have to face. I’m loyal to my friends and family, and will fight for them til death. I delight in sharing ideas, comfort, and knowledge, and work to support those less fortunate than myself.
- Describe your worst qualities or vices a.k.a your bad habits: Tendency to focus on negatives or bad memories, and have a hard time forgiving and forgetting faults in myself and others. I suffer from envy of those around me. I also eat too much sometimes.
- Describe the kind of clothing or dress you prefer?: Usually black clothing all around. Simple clothing, tunic, trousers, boots, things that aren’t that expensive or hard to put on/move around in. Cloaks, hoods, and large, cool collars.
- Describe your personality in two words: Imperfect Guardian
- Describe your favorite things: Cool temperatures, forests, calm days, reading, telling stories around the fire with comrades, good food (pie in particular).
- Describe the things you dislike: Nothing will drive Christian love from my heart faster than arrogance, selfishness, and eating with your mouth open.
- What things should others know about you?: Don’t eat with your mouth open. I’m always willing to listen to you, whether it’s just for fun, some serious matter, you want advice, or you need to vent. Be sincere with me, and don’t feel you need to be complex or composed or anything, just try to be your best self, and I’ll be there to fight beside you.
- How do you feel you fit in the group? What role do you fill?: In the grand scheme of TerraSylvae, I’m really just a support character. I don’t lead, I don’t command, but I’m there to fight alongside you, and support you, and help you to feel welcome and that you can improve.
- What principle do you value most in life?: Kindness, though I believe Loyalty and Honesty/Sincerity are incredibly important too.
- What is your most treasured possession?: A hand-written Latin/English translation of the Holy Bible. I transcribed it myself in my time studying in a monastery, and I always keep it close by.
- Who do you value most in the world?: Those who love me. My family, and my friends in the Order of the Rose.
- Who (or what) is your Nemesis?: As it is with many, my greatest foe is myself. Opponents and evils come and go, but in the end, you must overcome yourself if you are to be considered victorious.
- Who (or what) do you owe allegiance to?: I owe everything to my Creator, and will always fight for good because of Him. On Earth, I fight for justice, and give allegiance to the Order of the Rose which protects it.
- What do you need most?: A ready friend.
- Describe one Social, Professional, and/or Romantic goal: I wish to be recognized by my peers as a good man, an excellent swordfighter, and a true defender of what is right.
- How do you believe your goal(s) can be accomplished?: By pushing myself to uphold higher standards than the common man, and encouraging others to do the same.
- What event or action in your life do you regret the most?: I could not save my friends in the monastery I studied in. They were slain before me by Vikings, with myself powerless to do anything. I must never let that happen again.
- What event or action in your life are you proudest of?: Joining the Order of the Rose. Finally, I had the friends I so desperately wished for, and I felt I was dedicated my life to a worthy cause.
- What have you been doing the last few years of your life?: I have been on Crusade in the Americas. Otherwise, I have been training with the OotR and serving missions with them. I have also begun to study the power of magic and sorcery with my mentor Dyn Hysbys.
- What are you skilled or talented at?: Writing, understanding ideas and arguments, the use of a rapier, listening to and understanding people.
- Which, if any, of the Woodland Guardians do you have an affinity towards?: None. I have had few experiences with each, and so have little preference.